Thursday, February 27, 2014

...time flies by...and did they rides horsies...

As with most good intentions....between work and some medical I have have had a pretty unproductive month blog and sorta-mini wise.

In truth I have been painting a little almost daily, but alas nothing finished...just numerous pieces nearing completion lol.  shall see...been slogging away at my 28mm naps, both Prussian Landwehr and French line troops.  might have a Prussian battalion or two done by Sunday...fingers crossed.

Got some good news in the email department...a number of Avatars of War boxes are on their way across the pond...looking forward to adding more fantasy regiments to my growing horde.  Might even think about trying my first "unboxing" with these as they are not seen that often this side of the globe...

(Oh...I have a Napoleonic question for those who might be knowledgeable...would it be "ok" if I attached a mounted battalion commander to 1st battalion in a regiment?  both Prussian and french line?  I am wanting to differentiate between the battalions and thought having the 1st battalion with a commander on horseback instead of walking would work...plus it looks cool.  lol.  welcome input)

well, hope all are well and enjoying their little toys.

Cheers
Beachbum

1 comment:

  1. Avatars of War makes some excellent models; I am particularly fond of their Marauder Warlord, feeling he rivals even GW’s chaos lords. I have been interested in seeing some of their plastic models, to assess their general quality and just see how they assemble (as I only have a selection of their character models). If you get some of the plastics, I would love to hear your thoughts about them!

    Having enjoyed your blog for a while now, I would like to nominate your blog for the Liebster Award! Hopefully it will help bring new readers to your blog. You can find more details about the award here: http://betweenthebolterandme.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award_29.html

    I know going through all of the steps for this award are a little tedious, so I understand if you choose not to do so!

    ReplyDelete