Thursday, February 6, 2014

...naps...the frenchie type...

Work has been early morning to late night of late.......but I found some time tonight to break away and sit down for a spell at my corner mini desk...

The other night I was reading a book on battles and spent an hour reading on post-Waterloo...and as usually happens I began to formulate a plan haha.  I have a number of boxes of Napoleonic plastic minis floating around from numerous starts and stops from past 28mm Napoleonic projects over the years, but only a small number built and smaller still painted....and thus once again I have decided to tackle this era in 28mm!

As I already have a 12 month project in the works for a "HUGE 28mm MASS FANTASY BATTLE" game sometime in December '14, why not add another 12 month project to the mix allowing me to break the monotony of just fantasy minis???  Not sure if this is wise, but I am going to give it a go...two massive projects in one year....yes, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed presently LOL.

So...tonight began the first of many Napoleonic boxes to assemble.  No real plan at present on Order of Battle etc.  Figure I will just build what I have and then decide where I am at in a few months.  I figure if I am even 75% completed with either project by year's end...I will have enough minis to have some fun games in both genres.  So.....
...28mm plastic Napoleonic...French Line 1815 (Perry)...

Well, back to the desk for some final mold-line cleaning and preliminary basing.  

Best dicing to all!
Beachbum

No comments:

Post a Comment