Wednesday, January 15, 2014

..pictures from AIW '73/74 force on force...

Been busy with work, so no new model work...but I did find some pictures from a 15mm Arab Israeli War '73/74 game a friend and I ran in October at our local hobby shop (Bobe's Hobby House).  We decided to use Ambush Alley's "Force on Force" as our rule set, mostly to see how it handled all the armor on the table.

Brian had some Israeli armor and troops (U.S. lend-lease vehicles), so I started ordering a variety of tanks and apc's for my Arab forces.  In truth, I just purchased  armor based off of pictures found on the net from Yom Kippur that struck my fancy. My plan, and still is...is to create a scenario where Yom Kippur did not end after the initial month of fighting, but spilled over into the early part of '74.  I considered having the "what if" the U.S. joined the battle as well as the Soviets on the Arab side, thus allowing us to field additional units...and I wanted to include a larger number of Arab countries in the mix...which is why I was painting units from numerous countries....or at least that was my excuse!

Our demo/tryout scenario for the rules consisted of my multi-Arab force attacking a small ruined town defended by a Reserve unit of IDF armor and troops...the Arabs crossed an open plain to attack, thus allowing the IDF plenty of shots!  We did not have point balance, or equal army strength...it was just for fun and dice rolling!  In the end I had a great time, though I was a little confused by some Force on Force rulings...still it allowed us to have a medium-ish style armor battle which makes for lots of action.

...south end of table..IDF reseves defending ruined town...

...one platoon of IDF reserves...

...two Royal Jordanian 'Chieftains' (Peter Pig minis)...

..Egyptian T-34/85..I wanted to model one so...

...another angle (Battlefront mini)...

...Syrian T-55's (Old Glory..I think?)...

...Royal Jordanian 'Chieftain' scanning over the dune...

...another angle of Royal Jordanian 'Chieftain'...

...platoon of Syrian T-55's roll-up on dune and unleash on IDF reserve unit...

Comments welcome! Happy gaming.

Cheers
Beachbum

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! Beautiful tanks...and carpet, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog....after I finally typed in the address right! I'm seriously looking at Khurasan's IDF figures!!

    Sgt. Apone...aka Brian

    ReplyDelete