Monday, January 20, 2014

...let's talk about ogres....


Now, one of my favorite parts of Kings of War is the ability to really use any miniature you want to represent a unit...some gamers have been really creative on assembling their armies, just Google and you can see some of the awesome conversions or proxy models being used.  Been thinking for awhile about adding some Ogre allies to my Kings of War dwarven army.  I am going with a northern snowy mountain theme for my Dwarves and would like to add some mountain Ogre flavor to them...just for fun, not thinking tourney or killer stats or anything.  The new Mantic Ogres are out and I was sent one with my initial kickstarter backing, and after having put it together....I am not sure it fits with what I am looking for...seems to be smaller than I would think a Mountain Ogre would be....or maybe it's me. It's a good mini and I most likely would use the line for another style army...  So, I am now thinking of another miniature line I might substitute my Winter Ogres with...will post pictures of my thoughts when I do more research...

In the meantime, here are some pics to show the Mantic Ogre in comparison..just FYI.

...GW Ogre (paymaster?)...Mantic Ogre...Mantic Troll...

...Mantic Troll...Avatars of War Dwarves...Mantic Ogre...

Mantic Ogre...Fireforge Men-at-Arms...(which I am using for my Kingdom of Men army)

Welcome your thoughts on the minis or other miniature lines that might work...

Cheers
Beachbum

1 comment:

  1. I would agree that that the Mantic Ogre does not seem like a good fit for a Mountain Ogre. The model is a good deal different from what I think of when I imagine an ogre. He has a very human-esque frame, standing completely upright (no hunch). The upper body looks a little too muscular and large for its slender legs. The head also seems a little large to me.

    ReplyDelete