Friday, January 10, 2014

...blowing mothballs off an old favorite...

Happy Friday night to my fellow gamers...hope you are tossing dice and enjoying moments on the tabletop with friends and mates!

I have decided to take a momentary break from my other projects and move forward on my 28mm WWII "what's under the bed" project.  I found a storage box of minis containing Germans, Americans and some British paras...I have decided to take a moment with each one and see what I can do to "clean" it up a little. The painting is not terrible....well, sorta....nothing a little Army painter wash can't tackle, I hope...but the basing..oh lord...how much I have learned in just a few years.  I take pride in basing now and feel it really can make a difference between a so-so mini and a quality job.  I may not paint above tabletop quality, but I I have learned to enhance the overall quality with good basing...and these minis are from a basing style from long ago.  (It does make me feel like I have learned something tho....so, I will take that! LOL)

Not sure what I am going to do with all the minis when I am done...maybe see if I can make some Bolt Action platoons and bring them out of retirement...or since 28mm WWII is hot at the moment, maybe they are prime for selling or trading?

For the present, I will do what I can to clean 'em up and get them ready for the tabletop!

...a mix of Axis and Allies...

...American paratroopers!...(Completely forgot I had used decals)...82nd and 101st sqds.

...British paras...with decals!...

Well, I figure these will take me most of the weekend...and then I will grab another storage box and see what's inside haha.  Sometimes it's fun to look back at older mini-game addictions...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great project for the weekend! Hopefully it all goes smoothly! They look nice now; I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    You certainly are right about the bases. For years I never really bothered to do anything more than paint the base brown or green. When I finally started flocking my bases and using static grass, I was amazed at the difference it made! It turns a nice paint job into a great one and ties the whole miniature together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the Artizan Brit Para figures...very nice sculpts in my opinion.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete